Maple syrup : a few figures

In 2018, Quebec accounts for 72% of the world’s total maple syrup production. The remainder comes from the north-eastern United States and the other canadian provinces.

In Canada, Quebec is the main syrup-producing province, with 91% of the national total; the remaining 9% is produced in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

Quebec also continues to be the leading maple products exporter of total export sales. The following table shows the main export buyers for maple products:


Maple syrup production
Source: Statistics Canada


These figures shed light on the export-oriented nature of the Canadian maple industry. Tighter quality controls of maple syrup at the production level would ensure the uniformity and high quality of both maple products and industry practices.

Leave a Reply