Revisit the zucchini with this maple zucchini soup recipe. Cook it with our golden maple syrup, for a delicate taste that everyone will enjoy!
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 1 large red sweet pepper
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cups of zucchini, diced
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken bouillon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground Cayenne pepper,
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) 35% cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 245ºC (475ºF).
- Place the red pepper on a cookie baking sheet and cook on high, in the oven, until skin blisters.
- Turn the pepper to ensure that the skin blisters evenly on all sides.
- Remove the pepper from oven, put in a bag or cover with cellophane and let cool.
- Peel and deseed.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan on medium high heat. Gently sauté the onions along with the zucchini and potatoes. Add the chicken bouillon, nutmeg and Cayenne and season generously.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer uncovered for about twenty minutes or until the vegetables become tender.
- Purée using a mixer or food processor. Add seasoning, if necessary. Keep hot.
- Crush the grilled red pepper with the cream and maple syrup to pulp. Reheat.
- When serving, garnish the soup with the grilled pepper and maple syrup coulis.
Jelly spread canapés
- Open face sandwiches with maple Jelly
- Spread your favourite liver pâté, rillettes, duck confit, or cheese on slices of baguette or crackers and garnish with some maple jelly.
Source: Fédération des producteurs de sirop d’érable du Québec