Receive a big meal with this fruit-stuffed maple turkey roast recipe and its sauce. Prepare the sauce with our golden maple syrup for a delicate taste!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 90 minutes
Method: Grilled or BBQ
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 225 g (1/2 lb) of raw minced turkey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
- 2 French dried shallots finely cut
- 8 dried apricots
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dried cranberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) salted or unsalted pistachios
- 1 egg
- Few sage leaves
- 1 branch of thyme
- Salt and pepper at taste
- 1 kg (about 2 lbs) piece of fresh turkey roast, without skin
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of melted butter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) of pure maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of pure maple sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of balsamic vinegar
- In a pan, cook oil and shallots until tender.
- Add minced turkey and cook until it loses the pink color.
- Meanwhile, cut finely the apricots, cranberries and pistachios.
- Out of fire, add the rest of the ingredients to the cooked meat, seasoned, mix well and let it completely cool down.
- Preheat oven at 160°C (325°F).
- Open flat the roast. spread the stuffing, roll and attached the roast.
- Put in an oven pan.
- In a bowl, mix well the butter, maple syrup, maple sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread over the turkey roast and slowly cook in preheat oven for about 1h 15 minutes or until the inserted thermometer in the flesh of the turkey (not in the stuffing) indicates 77°C (170°F).
- Baste meat regularly with the cooking juice added with a little of water if needed.
- After cooking, cover the roast with aluminium paper and let stand for few minutes before serving.
- Unglaze and filter the meat juice if needed.
- Cut in slices and serve with oven potatoes and a sauté of beetroots leaves (leaves from beets).