As snacks, as an aperitif or as a garnish, this spicy maple pecans recipe will delight your taste buds. Prepare them with our Quebec’s maple syrup!
Ingredients (for 2 cups)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) chili powder
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) garlic powder
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) cayenne
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) onion powder
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 500 ml (2 cups) pecan halves
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the syrup, spices and salt. Add the pecans and stir to coat well.
3. Scatter the pecans evenly over the baking sheet and bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until well toasted, about 15 minutes.
4. Let cool.
5. Serve as cocktail nibbles or use as a garnish for Maple Pork Medallions.
Source: Ricardo Larivée