Try this irresistible soft maple syrup squares recipe for your next dessert! Use our pure maple syrup for a taste that everyone will enjoy.
Cooking time: 12 mins
Preparation time: 20 mins
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/3 cup of maple butter (pure maple spread)
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup of crispy rice cereal
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the maple butter in a medium casserole.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter in the casserole. Mix well to distribute the butter evenly throughout the mixture.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Add a little of the warm mixture to it. Pour the warmed egg into the mixture in the casserole. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture in a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8oz.) Pyrex dish that had been greased with butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 12 to 15 minutes or until the top is slightly golden. Let cool. If you wish, you can cut into squares and wrap in cellophane.
Source : Recipe Feast
by Federation des producteurs acericoles du Quebec