Revisit your favorite wine with this succulent mulled maple wine recipe. Prepare it with our pure maple syrup for the best possible taste!
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 bottle good dry red wine (pinot noir or similar)
- Zest of 1 orange and 2 lemons, taken off in strips
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 250 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- Lemon and maple sugar, as needed
1. Combine the wine with the zests, spices and maple syrup in a large saucepan over high heat.
2. Heat to boiling.
3. When mixture starts to boil, turn off the burner and let infuse for 1 hour.
4. Strain the mulled wine then return to the saucepan and heat to boiling again.
5. Serve in elegant glasses, garnished with lemon.
*Before pouring the wine, dip the rims of the glasses in lemon juice then in maple sugar. Serve maple candies along with the wine. It’s a sweet little touch that tops the whole thing off in style.
Source: Quebec’s maple syrup producers