Warm yourself up with this maple syrup miso soup recipe! Perfect as a starter for sushi.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup of soft tofu, diced
- 3 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tsp. brown miso
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- In a bowl, gently mix the tofu, 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Of soy sauce and the maple syrup. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sauté the ginger, garlic, onion and shiitake in the oil until tender. Salt and pepper.
- Add the water, miso and the rest of the soy sauce. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the miso well. Add the marinated tofu and green onions. Adjust the seasoning and serve very hot.
Adapted from: Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers.