Delicious, light and crunchy sweet maple meringue recipe! Maple syrup and maple sugar are excellent substitutes for sugar. Try them for your next gathering!
Prep time: 15min
Cook time: 1hr
Ready in: 1hr 15min
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup pure maple granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 300oF (150oC). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (sulfurized paper).
2. In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
3. Gradually add maple sugar and confectioners’ sugar 1 tablespoon at a time while continuing to whip to stiff glossy peaks.
4. Mix in the maple syrup.
5. Spoon meringue onto the prepared cookie sheets in 1-inch circles.
6. Place in the preheated oven, and immediately reduce the temperature to 250oF (120oC). Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until meringues are dry and easy to remove from the paper.
Gives 2 dozens