Brighten up your marinade for your pork tournedos with this BBQ grilled maple tournedos recipe! Use our pure Quebec maple syrup for optimal taste.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Québec pork tournedos, 5-oz. (150-g) each
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 red apples, julienned or diced
- 2 endives, finely sliced lengthways
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach, washed and stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) roasted pine nuts
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- In a big bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Season generously.
- Mix 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) if dressing and mustard together and brush on tournedos.
- Cook tournedos 4 – 5 minutes per side, turning them over only once.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, toss remaining ingredients with dressing.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Divide salad among plates. Add whole or sliced tournedos and serve.
Suggestion: Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient required for normal body functioning. Pork is an excellent source of vitamin B12, with a 3½-oz. (100-g) serving of pork providing 38% of the daily requirement.
Source: Fédération des producteurs de porc du Québec