Treat yourself with this easy and delicious cranberry and maple granola bars recipe. Maple syrup is an excellent substitute for sugar. Try it now!
- Butter for pan
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 tblsp wheat germ
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed pur granulated maple sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tblsp butter, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9”x13” baking pan with foil. Butter foil.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, flour, wheat germ, pecans, salt, brown sugar, cranberries and cinnamon. In a small bowl whisk eggs well.
3. Add maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
4. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix gently until moistened. Do not overmix.
5. Press into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
Makes 12 bars
Source: Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec