Treat your sweet tooth with this maple glazed donuts recipe. Use our maple butter to prepare them. Visit our online store to ses our maple products!
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Waiting: 2 h 15
Output: 12 donuts and 12 donut holes
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) warm water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Vanilla extract
- 750 ml (3 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Instant yeast
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Salt
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- Canola oil for frying
- 250 ml (1 cup) pure maple spread (pure maple butter)
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon or in a stand mixer (using the dough hook), combine the flour, yeast, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk mixture and eggs and beat thoroughly until the dough begins to form.
- Gradually stir in the softened butter and knead the dough for about 5 minutes in the stand mixer or on a floured work surface.
- Place the dough in a clean and lightly oiled bowl.
- Let stand in a warm and humid place for about 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1-cm (3/8-inch) thickness. With a 9-cm (3 ½-inch) and a 4-cm (1 ½-inch) cookie cutter, cut about 12 donuts and 12 donut holes, reusing scraps. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 190 °C (375 °F). Line a baking sheet with paper towel or top with a rack.
- Fry about four donuts at a time for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Drain on the baking sheet. Continue with the remaining dough. Let cool.
- With a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip or a butter knife, frost the top of each donut with maple butter.