A maple and orange milk-fed veal chops recipe on the BBQ. Prepare them with our golden maple syrup for a delicate taste!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Marinating: 2 hours
Cooking: 8 minutes
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 4 Quebec Milk-Fed Veal chops (450 g or 1 lb), 2 cm thick
- 10 ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 2 orange’s juice and zest
- 1 lime’s juice and zest
- 1 lemon’s juice and zest
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) full grain mustard
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander leaves
- 2 chopped French shallots
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) crushed pepper grains
- Chop the zests and mix with the citrus juices. Add all the other ingredients of the marinade.
- Using a well-sharpened small knife, make two small cuts on each side of the milk-fed veal chops and lay them in the marinade. Let marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Drain the meat and brush it with a small quantity of olive oil.
- Prepare a medium-high intensity fire or set the gas barbecue (BBQ) to medium-high level and grill the milk-fed veal chops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Source: chef Benoît Latulippe
Quebec Milk-Fed Veal