Prepare yourself a good glass of this hot cider with spices and maple to warm you up. Use our maple syrup for the best possible taste!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 cup of cider*
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 to 5 thin slices of fresh, peeled ginger
- 5 grains of Jamaica pepper
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 quarter of a lemon
- Fine maple sugar and cinnamon (garnish for glass)
- Heat cider and spices in a casserole. Let boil for 5 minutes. Add maple syrup. Remove from heat.
- Rim a glass or cup by running the lemon along its outside edge. Dip the wet rim into a mixture of fine maple sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove the spices from the cider and maple syrup mixture. Pour mixture into the glass (or cup). Use cinnamon stick for garnish.
*For children, use apple juice.
Source: Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec