Prepare this classic gourmet maple syrup pie recipe from the Quebec tradition. Use our pure Quebec maple syrup for a taste everyone will enjoy!
Preparation and cooking time: 50 min
- 1 L (4 cups) flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable shortening
- 250 ml (1 cup) cold water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vinegar
- 1 egg
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 500 ml (2 cups) maple syrup
- Combine the flour, salt, and shortening.
- Add the vinegar and the egg to the water, blend into the flour mixture, and mix well.
- Chill dough for a day before rolling out.
- Melt the butter and add the flour, the boiling water, and the maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a piecrust and bake at 200oC (400oF) for about 35 min.