Delicately sweeten the sauce of this braised duck recipe with maple syrup! Use our pure Quebec maple syrup for optimal taste.
Preparation and cooking time: 20 min
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 duck fillets, skin removed
- Vegetable oil
- 1 packet demi-glace sauce
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) cold water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- In a lightly oiled pan, sear the duck fillets. Turn the meat once and cook approximately 10 min, until the meat is slightly pink in the middle.
- Serve the fillets topped with maple syrup sauce.
Maple syrup sauce
- In a saucepan, add the cold water and maple syrup to the packet of demi-glace sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often with a whisk. Add the lemon zest and season to taste. Lower heat and simmer for about 3 min, stirring occasionally. Strain and serve.