An elegant blue maple verrine recipe. Use our golden maple syrup for a delicate taste that will enhance these verrines successfully!
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 500 ml (2 cups) mini arugula, roughly chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 2 pears, diced
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) blue L’Ermite cheese, crumbled
- Small arugula leaves for garnish
- 8 small crackers for garnish
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat, add onion and sauté for 1 minute before pouring in the maple syrup.
- Allow the onions to caramelize for 20 minutes; stir frequently. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine arugula, maple syrup, pear and lemon juice. Salt and pepper.
- Divide into glasses, then top with a layer of crumbled cheese and cooled caramelized onions.
- Garnish with arugula and cracker before serving.
Source: Quebec’s maple syrup producers