Spice up your meals with this black bean and maple syrup burritos recipe! Try it for your next dinner night.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 sweet potato, diced approximately 1 cm (3/8 in)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. chili seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can of 540 ml black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- Hot oil or Tabasco (optional)
- Preheat the oven to (230°C) 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, put the diced sweet potato, then pour 15 ml (1 tbsp) of oil and the maple syrup. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir with a spatula. Continue cooking under at broil for 2 minutes (watching carefully!) Or until the potatoes are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion, cumin and chili seasoning for 1 minute in 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil. Add oregano, black beans, water and tomatoes. Continue cooking for 2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread 15 g (1 tbsp.) Plain yogurt (or sour cream) in the center of a tortilla. Add a quarter of the black bean mixture, then a quarter of the sweet potatoes. Garnish with avocado and coriander slices. Drizzle with lime wedge and hot oil, if desired.
- Close each burrito by folding the two ends of the tortilla over the filling, then rolling to form a closed liner.
Source: Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers.