Treat yourself with this delicious maple apple almond delight recipe. Use our pure maple syrup for a delicious real maple taste!
Preparation: 30 min
Cooking: 15 min
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 500 mL (2 cups) Graham cracker crumbs
- 45 mL (2 Tbsp.) maple sugar
- 45 mL (2 Tbsp.) soft butter
- 375 mL (1 cup) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) maple sugar
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) flour
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 1 kg (2 lbs.) apples
- 250 mL (1 cup) maple syrup
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) maple sugar
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) lemon juice
- 200 mL (3/4 cup) slivered almonds
- Blend all ingredients and press into a 22 cm (9 inch) pie plate.
- Cook 8 minutes at 190oC (375oF).
- Refrigerate before garnishing.
- Heat milk (in microwave, 1 minute on high).
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Blend sugar, flour and salt; add to egg yolks. Beat well. Add milk.
- Bake in a double boiler until blend thickens (in microwave, 3 to 4 minutes while stirring twice during cooking).
- Remove from heat and add brandy.
- Peel apples, remove core and cut into 8 pieces.
- Bring maple syrup, brown sugar and juice to a boil.
- Add apples and cook on low for 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate.
- Drain apples and place into baked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the almonds.
- Pour the confectioner’s custard on apples and sprinkle other half of almonds.
- Refrigerate well.