- PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- PURE MAPLE SPREAD
- MAPLE CARAMEL
- MAPLE JELLY
- PURE MAPLE SUGAR
- SWEETS-Candies & Lollipops
- MAPLE WINE VINEGAR
- MAPLE SUGAR & FRUITS
- MAPLE SPREAD & FRUITS
- AROMATISED MAPLE SYRUP
- PANCAKE- WAFFLE MIXES
- GIFT IDEAS
- MAPLE WEDDING FAVOURS
- ON SALE
- MAPLE TEAS & MORE
- MAPLE SEASONING
Maple Jerky (beef, chicken, salmon, tofu)
"This is one of many variations for jerkies but its the best! We adapted it with a maple flavour. Use the oven. If you have a food dehydrator, be sure to follow factory instructions. Store in a plastic jar. No refrigeration needed, and it keeps for 1-2 months. You can freeze them." Lisa
Prep Time: 10 Min
Marinating time: 6-12 hours
Cook Time: 2-3Hrs
1 pound (500g) of beef eye of round or chicken or salmon or tofu
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) of salt
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple sugar or 50 ml of maple syrup
• 2 garlic gloves
• 60 ml (1/4 cup) tamarin sauce or soya sauce
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
• 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cayenne pepper
wooden bamboo picks
1. Mix well all marinade ingredients and add the meat. Place entire mixture with meat into a sealed plastic container and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
2. In the oven, place one oven rack on the highest rack setting and one rack on the lowest setting. Place a baking sheet on the lowest rack, to catch any drippings.
3. Preheat oven to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
4. Insert a wooden bamboo picks ( like the one used for kebabs) through the end of each slice of meat, and suspend each slice from the top rack in the oven, using the picks as a support.
5. Bake at 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) with the oven door propped open to allow moisture to escape. Bake for 2-3 hours depending on thickness of slices. Jerky should bend, and not snap.
Source: Recipe adapted by Lisa from:
Chef Nathalie Le Coz
(book: Gourmands de nature, de Nathalie Le Coz, Éditions Fides, 2009, p. 87.) Des Kiwis et des hommes at Radio-Canada television