- PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- PURE MAPLE SPREAD
- MAPLE CARAMEL
- MAPLE JELLY
- PURE MAPLE SUGAR
- SWEETS-Candies & Lollipops
- MAPLE WINE VINEGAR
- MAPLE SUGAR & FRUITS
- MAPLE SPREAD & FRUITS
- AROMATISED MAPLE SYRUP
- PANCAKE- WAFFLE MIXES
- GIFT IDEAS
- MAPLE WEDDING FAVOURS
- ON SALE
- MAPLE TEAS & MORE
- MAPLE SEASONING
Decadent Maple Brownies
- 1 cup (250 mL) Maple sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 squares (120g) of dark chocolate or 2/3 cup of chipits
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 square (30g) of dark chocolate or 1/4 cup of chipits
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) butter
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) whipped cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- pure maple sugar nuggets
Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
In a saucepan, mix the maple sugar, water, chocolate and butter.
Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
Once boiling, cook at low heat 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Fold dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and stir well.
Pour into an 8 inch (20 cm) square greased pan.
Cook about 20 minutes until the brownies are firm to the touch.
Do not overcook.
Top off with icing for brownies.
In a saucepan, mix the chocolate, butter and whipped cream. Cook slowly while stirring for about 5 minutes. When the preparation is homogeneous, add icing sugar all at once and stir well. When the sugar has dissolved, spread on the cooled brownies. Decorate with maple sugar nuggets.
Source: Recipe adapted by Lisa from metro.ca