- PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- PURE MAPLE SPREAD
- MAPLE CARAMEL
- MAPLE JELLY
- PURE MAPLE SUGAR
- SWEETS-Candies & Lollipops
- MAPLE WINE VINEGAR
- MAPLE SUGAR & FRUITS
- MAPLE SPREAD & FRUITS
- AROMATISED MAPLE SYRUP
- PANCAKE- WAFFLE MIXES
- GIFT IDEAS
- MAPLE WEDDING FAVORS
- ON SALE
Maple-marinated Salmon with Beet Salad and Grilled Leeks
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1¾ lb. (800 g) Atlantic salmon fillet, cut into portion pieces
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways and rinsed thoroughly
- extra virgin olive oil, as required
- 4 medium cooked beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar or pure maple wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground peppercorns to taste
In a glass dish, combine pepper, water, maple syrup and soy sauce. Immerse salmon in marinade and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning fish over often.
Tie halved leeks with string so they don’t come apart while cooking. Cook leeks in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 – 4 minutes. Drain, cool under cold running water and pat dry. Brush with olive oil and season to taste.
In a bowl, toss beets with oil, vinegar and dill, and season to taste.
Indirect heat grilling
Preheat half the barbecue to high until the grill is very hot. Remove salmon from marinade, and sear both sides. Move salmon to over the closed burner and cook pieces 8 minutes or so, depending on thickness and desired doneness.
Grill leeks both sides, about 5 – 6 minutes in all, and cut into pieces.
Serve salmon with beet salad, and add grilled leeks over top.
For medium-done salmon, grill 2 – 3 minutes per side over direct medium-high heat.