- PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- PURE MAPLE SPREAD
- MAPLE CARAMEL
- MAPLE JELLY
- PURE MAPLE SUGAR
- SWEETS-Candies & Lollipops
- MAPLE WINE VINEGAR
- MAPLE SUGAR & FRUITS
- MAPLE SPREAD & FRUITS
- AROMATISED MAPLE SYRUP
- PANCAKE- WAFFLE MIXES
- GIFT IDEAS
- MAPLE WEDDING FAVOURS
- ON SALE
- MAPLE TEAS & MORE
- MAPLE SEASONING
- O CANADA MARTINETTE
Maple and Ginger Buttered Salmon
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 30 ml of oil (2 tablespoons)
- 4 - 150 g salmon filets or salmon steaks
- 80 ml of apple juice or water (1/3 cup)
- 80 ml of pure maple wine vinegar (1/3 cup)
- 250 ml of shallot, chopped (1 cup)
- 5 ml of freshly ground ginger (1 teaspoon)
- 375 ml of cold butter cut in pieces (1 1/2 cup)
- 80 ml of cream 35% (1/3 cup)
- 80 ml of warm maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 30 ml of coriander or Italian parsley, chopped (2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (190 °C).
- Oil and season the salmon pieces, place on a cookie sheet and cook in the center of the oven for 12 to 18 minutes depending on their size.
- While the fish is cooking, in a saucepan, cook the apple juice, the maple vinegar, the shallots and the ginger on low heat until it turns to marmalade.
- Gradually add the butter while stirring with a spoon or a whisk until a smooth texture is reached. Season to taste.
- Add the cream and keep cooking for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Incorporate the white butter syrup and heat for 1 minute.
- To serve, remove the skin and the bones from the steaks. Cover the bottom of a serving platter with white maple and ginger butter, place the salmon in the center and garnish with coriander or parsley.
* Salmon is best when half cooked.
Source: Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec